MACQUARIE DOHNE STUD
The Macquarie Dohne Stud was instrumental in introducing The Dohne breed into Australia and establishing the Breed Association and the breeding objectives for the Dohne in Australia .
Macquarie Dohne Stud has the largest number of registered stud ewes in Australia and has the objective of remaining one of the most influential Dohne studs in Australia.
Grand and Supreme Champion – Majestic MD14-1051
At the 2016 Australian Sheep & Wool Show at Bendigo VIC, was the first time Dohnes have been shown in Australia. 1051 took out the supreme exhibit at the 2016 Australian Sheep & Wool Show, emerging from a strong class of 29 senior ram entries to be sashed as senior, grand and supreme champion. Sired by MD103467 and out of Majestic Dam, 1051 is a long bodied, true to type Dohne sire with an excellent top line and twist. He stands well and has a soft masculine muzzle which is free of blemishes.
The progeny were interbred and selected for high fertility, rapid lamb growth rates and fine wool under commercial conditions.
The Dohne today is a well-balanced dual-purpose breed that allows the commercial producer to market both a quality trade and heavy weight slaughter lamb and fine-medium wool.
The general appearance of the Dohne is naturally polled and plain bodied.
The Dual-Purpose Dohne Merino
- Prime Lamb
- Early Maturity (Outstanding Growth Rates)
- Quality Merino Wool (18-21micron)
- Exceptional Prime Lamb Dams
- Bare Breech
- High Fertility
- Exceptional Mothering
- Quality Assured Breeding System
- The only fully pedigreed sheep breed in Australia
- Modern objective technology combined with strict subjective appraisal
Macquarie Dohne Stud Offers
- Genetic Diversity
- Large selection
- Promotion of daughter studs and flock client’s products
- Professional classing, management and breeding consultancy
- Veterinary expertise
- Liaison with meat processors